BOOKING AN APPOINTMENT
OPENING AN ACCOUNT
We are a regulated business under FINTRAC, and we are required to Know our client. So, we must do a background check to verify that we are dealing with legitimate individuals or entities. We assure you that your data is kept confidential and not used for any other purposes. Due to the high value of precious metals, some individuals try to use them for illegal purposes. These procedures are put in place to protect the interest of all legal entities. If you have concerns about privacy or security, please get in touch with us to discuss further. Please provide accurate information to avoid any delays in setting up your account. We use tools to verify your information, so if we get a mismatch, it does raise certain flags that must be manually verified.
For an Individual Account:
– Valid ID (Driver’s license or passport)
– At the store, the customer must fill out the application form
For a Business Account:
– Your Valid ID (Driver’s license or passport) and, if possible, the IDs of all others partners, shareholders, directors.
– Company’s Certificate of Incorporation or equivalent document
– At the store, the client must fill out the application form
REFINING & SCRAP METALS
- Karated Scrap
- Dental Scrap
- Stone Removal
- Bench Sweeps
- Crucibles & Slags
- Scrap Silver
- Filings & Grindings
- Floor Sweeps
No, we don’t.
1- You collect your material to refine. It may be from the sweeps of your workshop, old jewellery or even scrap metal.
2- You book your appointment online and bring the material you want to refine.
3- Make sure to set up an account. If you don’t already have one, call us, and we send an application. Otherwise, you can open your account when you come to the store for your appointment.
3- We will examine your material to determine the best method to either melt it or buy it as is.
4- After evaluating/assaying the precious metals, we determine the market price for GOLD or SILVER
Please visit our Refining webpage to understand what we have to offer, or access our Refining Services and Charges webpage to understand the charges policy.
Yes, we melt all gold into bars
After we melt it, we assay it, and if we agree on the price, we can buy it from you. The price depends on two things: The metal price of the day and the Assay results.
Although we prefer to complete the entire transaction for you, we can melt your material and charge you for it separately. If you come back to refine the melted bar with us, we will refund you a portion of that fee.
EGR deals mainly with corporations and businesses, but we will quote on your privately owned material. The payout for individuals differs from our ongoing commercial clients. Please call us for quotes or send in a request.
Do you process/refine computer chips, circuit boards, phone cards or any other technological hardware that holds metals?
We sell all bullion to individuals at very competitive prices. You can order online or call us to reserve the price of your investment products.
We deal with all sizes of Lots; there is no minimum or maximum.
We verify all the products we purchase with the latest XRF technology and electric penetration pulses to authenticate the gold and silver. Most of our products are directly delivered from various mints. If you have any specific concerns, we will work with you to ensure that your purchase is genuine and authentic.
Unfortunately, we cannot answer that question for you. We can guide you on where prices have been and general trends, but we ask you to consult your financial adviser. We cannot provide you with advice on how to diversify your funds as each individual circumstances are different. We definitely believe in precious metals being a part of your investment portfolio. As with any investment, there are risks associated with purchasing precious metals. We will provide you with market intelligence as to trends, market developments, but the decision to buy or sell is for you to make.
Yes, we do.
10 Karat – Gold that is 41.7% pure.
14 Karat – Gold that is 58.33% pure.
18 Karat – Gold that is 75% pure.
22 Karat – Gold that is 91.67% pure.
24 Karat – Gold that is 99.99% pure.
PAYMENT & PRICES
You have the option of paying in different methods:
- Cash at the store – We accept cash payment and follow all FINTRAC regulations regarding cash transactions. We may request additional information or documents to clarify the source of funds. We will not accept on behalf of another person. This must be cash that belongs to you.
- Debit Card – You can pay using your Debit Card at the store. No extra fees.
- e-transfer / Interac Transfer – You can make multiple payments through e-transfer. If you make regular payments towards your purchase, we will hold your product until payment is entirely completed. Please quote your order number in all the transfers. E-transfers must be initiated from the same entity (person or company) that is doing the transactions. Payments must come from the same account as the person receiving the delivery of products.
- Draft / Certified Cheque – There will be a minimum 10 business days hold on all cheques until we get the cheque cleared through our financial institution. We would require proof that the cheque was issued from your account. Please provide either a bank account statement with your name on it or a bank receipt. If we are not satisfied that the funds will clear in the allocated days, then we have the right to hold it longer.
- Personal or Company Cheque – There will be a minimum 30 days hold on all cheques until we get the cheque cleared through our financial institution. We would require proof that the cheque was issued from your account. Please provide either a bank account statement with your name on it or a bank receipt. If we are not satisfied that the funds will clear in the allocated days, then we have the right to hold it longer.
You don’t have min or max limit for your transactions in any method of payment:
- Bank Wire – You can send a wire from your financial institution. We have accounts with the Bank of Nova Scotia or CIBC. Once your transaction is verified, we will send you instructions. Please note that there will be a minimum 5-day hold on all incoming wires. Wires must be initiated from the same entity (person or company) that is doing the transactions. If the information does not match, this will cause delays in processing your transactions. Wires must come from the same account as the person receiving the delivery of products.
- e-Transfer / Interac Transfer – You can make multiple payments through e-transfer. If you make regular payments towards your purchase, we will hold your product until payment is entirely completed. Please quote your order number in all the transfers. E-transfers must be initiated from the same entity (person or company) that is doing the transactions. Payments must come from the same account as the person receiving the delivery of products.
- PayPal – You can make a PayPal payment, but there will be an additional fee (%4) for using their service. If your account is not verified or eligible for vendor protection, we will hold goods for a minimum of 2 weeks before delivery.
- Credit Card / Visa Debit Card – Even though we are using the PayPal platform for payments with a credit card or Visa debit card, you don’t have to have a PayPal account; only choose PayPal as the payment method and after clicking on “Pay with a credit or Visa Debit card.” There is an additional fee (%4) for using the PayPal service. We only accept credit cards issued in Canada, and for those accepted, it may take 5 business days for the customer to pick up the order or for us to deliver it.
Once you commit to either buy or sell, you would have to reverse the deal and pay the price difference. When entering into a buying or selling contract, both parties are bound by its terms. If you do not fulfill your commitment within the allowed time frame, EGR has the right to settle the deal, and it will not be responsible for any losses.
If you are a registered business for HST and have been instructed by the CRA to collect HST on scrap products from refiners, then we will claim your HST. Please check with your accountant on the correct procedure for collecting and paying HST, or visit the CRA website for more information.
As per EGR’s standard practices, applicable GST/HST charged to EGR on the sale of taxable unrefined metals by GST/HST-registered customers will be paid within 60 days after the Canada Revenue Agency has approved EGR’s corresponding input tax credit, and the CRA has paid EGR its corresponding net tax refund arising from the GST/HST charged.
You can keep the metal with us and sell it at any time as the market moves in your favour. There is no extra cost for storage with us or to hold your metal in the pool.
– Cash (at the store)
– Wire or Draft
– PayPal or Credit Card (There is a charge of 4% on the total)
Since I had paid $100 for the down payment, do I only have to pay the difference or the total amount, and the $100 will be discounted?
Bullion Premium – The additional price charged for a bullion product over its current spot price. The calculation for bullion premiums depends on 5 key factors:
- The current bullion market supply and demand factors.
- The volume of bullion offered or bid upon.
- The type of bullion products being sold.
- Local, national, and global economic conditions.
- The bullion sellers’ objectives.
Spot Price – The current price per once exchanged on global commodity markets.
No, the only taxable product is Palladium. All gold, silver and platinum bullion bars and coins/rounds are not taxable. Only grain is taxable.
SHIPPING & PICK UP
We make shipments through FedEx unless otherwise instructed by the client. Our insurance will cover the shipment until an adult signs for it or FedEx deems it delivered. We can use our local armoured guard service or Brinks for out-of-town deliveries for larger value shipments. If the products are available in stock, we will ship a day after we receive cleared funds. Once shipments leave our location, we will send you a tracking email so you can anticipate when your shipment will be delivered. If you have any special instructions for delivery, please email us. We will only make shipments to the same address as your billing address.
We are currently delivering in all of Canada via FedEx or local armoured delivery (only in Toronto GTA).
Currently, we are considering free shipping for purchases with min $3000 in Ontario and $6,500 outside of Ontario by adding the coupon code FREESHIPPING to your order.
– Access the website
– Add the items you want to your cart
– Click on the cart icon (upper-right hand side)
– On the left-hand side, you can see the options and related prices:
– Local Pickup
– FedEx Priority Overnight
– FedEx Standard Overnight
– Armored Delivery (only deliver in GTA)
IMPORTANT: The shipping cost depends on the product’s weight and the value you are purchasing.
Please get in touch with us for any other questions you may have by our online form, and we will respond to you promptly.